Batteries Care Instructions
- A new battery comes in a discharged condition and must be charged before use (refer to the devices manual for charging instructions). Upon initial use (or after a prolonged storage period) the battery may require three to four charge/discharge cycles before achieving maximum capacity.
- When charging the battery for the first time the device may indicate that charging is complete after just 10 or 15 minutes. This is a normal phenomenon with rechargeable batteries. Remove the battery from the device, reinsert it and repeat the charging procedure.
- It is important to condition (fully discharge and then fully charge) the battery every two to three weeks. Failure to do so may significantly shorten the battery’s life (this does not apply to Li-Ion batteries, which do not require conditioning). To discharge, simply run the device under the battery’s power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in the user’s manual.
- If the battery will not be in use for a month or longer, it is recommended that it be removed from the device and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
- It is normal for a battery to become warm to the touch during charging and discharging.
- A charged battery will eventually lose its charge if unused. It may therefore be necessary to recharge the battery after a storage period.
- The milliamp-hour (mAH) rating of the Hi-Capacity laptop battery will often be higher than the one on the original battery. A higher mAH rating is indicative of a longer lasting (higher capacity) battery and will not cause any incompatibilities. A Hi-Capacity battery will, in most cases, outperform the original by 30% to 50%.
- Actual battery run-time depends upon the power demands made by the equipment. In the case of notebook computers, screen brightness, the use of the CPU, the hard drive, and other peripherals results in an additional drain upon the battery, effectively reducing the battery’s run-time. The total run-time of the battery is also heavily dependent upon the design of the equipment. To ensure maximum performance of the battery, optimize the computer’s power management features. Refer to the computer manual for further instructions.Battery Don’ts:
- Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the Asus A32-F3 Laptop Battery.
- Do not drop, hit or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
- Do not expose the battery to moisture or rain.
- Keep battery away from fire or other sources of extreme heat. Do not incinerate. Exposure of battery to extreme heat may result in an explosion.www.batteries-company.com is the Australia’s quality distributor & wholesaler of Toshiba laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, Olympus camera batteries, Canon camcorder batteries, Makita power tools batteries, Dewalt power tools batteries, Canon battery chargers. All our batteries, laptop adapters are Australia Stock, Manufacturer Warranty, 100% secure shopping Guarantee and 100% brand new with 1 year warranty!
Our Advantages: High Quality + Low Price + Fast Delivery
Our company is registered as a battery producer with the Environment Agency. Batteries Producer Registration Number (BPRN) Producer Number is: BPRN01296.
General Battery Information
What Are The Different Types of Rechargeable Battery Chemistries/Technologies?
Batteries in portable consumer devices (laptops and notebooks, camcorders, cellular phones, etc.) are principally made using either Nickel Cadmium (NiCad), Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) or Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) technologies. Each type of rechargeable battery technology has its own unique characteristics:
NiCad and NiMH:
The main difference between the two is the fact that NiMH batteries (the newer of the two technologies) offer higher energy densities than NiCads. In other words, pound for pound, NiMH delivers approximately twice the capacity of its NiCad counterpart. What this translates into is increased run-time from the battery with no additional bulk to weigh down your portable device. NiMH also offers another major advantage: NiCad batteries tend to suffer from what is called the “memory effect”. NiMH batteries are less prone to develop this dreaded affliction and thus require less maintenance and care. NiMH batteries are also more environmentally friendly than their NiCad counterparts since they do not contain heavy metals (which present serious landfill problems).
Li-Ion has quickly become the emerging standard for portable power in consumer devices. Li-Ion laptop batteries produce the same energy as NiMH batteries but weigh approximately 35% less. This is crucial in applications such as camcorders or notebook computers where the battery makes up a significant portion of the device’s weight. Another reason Li-Ion batteries have become so popular is that they do not suffer from the memory effect AT ALL. They are also environmentally friendly because they don’t contain toxic materials such as Cadmium or Mercury.
What is the “Memory Effect”?
NiCad batteries, and to a lesser extent NiMH batteries, suffer from what’s called the “memory effect”. What this means is that if a battery is repeatedly only partially discharged before recharging, the battery “forgets” that it has the capacity to further discharge all the way down. To illustrate: If you, on a regular basis, fully charge your battery and then use only 50% of its capacity before the next recharge, eventually the battery will become unaware of its extra 50% capacity which has remained unused. The battery will remain functional, but only at 50% of its original capacity. The way to avoid the dreaded “memory effect” is to fully cycle (fully charge and then fully discharge) the battery at least once every two to three weeks. Batteries can be discharged by unplugging the device’s AC adapter and letting the device run on the battery until it ceases to function. This will insure your battery remains healthy.
Is it Possible to Upgrade the Device’s Battery to a Newer Chemistry?
NiCad, NiMH and Li-Ion are all fundamentally different from one another and cannot be substituted unless the device has been pre-configured from the factory to accept more than one type of rechargeable battery technology. The difference between them stems from the fact that each type requires a different charging pattern to be properly recharged. Therefore, the portable device’s internal charger must be properly configured to handle a given type of rechargeable battery.
Refer to the owners manual to find out which rechargeable battery types the particular device supports or use our QuickFind search engine to find the device in our database. It will automatically list all of the battery types supported by the machine.
The New Battery Isn’t Charging. What’s the Deal?
New batteries are shipped in a discharged condition and must charged before use. We generally recommend an overnight charge (approximately twelve hours). Refer to the user’s manual for charging instructions. Rechargeable batteries should be cycled – fully charged and then fully discharged – two to four times initially to allow them to reach their full capacity. (Note: it is normal for a battery to become warm to the touch during charging and discharging).
New batteries are hard for the device to charge; they have never been fully charged and are therefore “unformed”. Sometimes the device’s charger will stop charging a new battery before it is fully charged. If this happens, remove the battery from the device and then reinsert it. The charge cycle should begin again. This may happen several times during the first battery charge. Don’t worry; it’s perfectly normal.
How Can I Maximize Battery Performance?
There are several steps you can take to insure that you get maximum performance from the battery:
Break In New Batteries
New batteries come in a discharged condition and must be fully charged before use. It is recommended that you fully charge and discharge the new battery two to four times to allow it to reach its maximum rated capacity.
Prevent the Memory Effect
Keep the battery healthy by fully charging and then fully discharging it at least once every two to three weeks. Exceptions to the rule are Li-Ion batteries which do not suffer from the memory effect.
Keep the Batteries Clean
It’s a good idea to clean dirty battery contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. This helps maintain a good connection between the battery and the portable device.
Exercise the Battery
Do not leave the battery dormant for long periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least once every two to three weeks. If a battery has not been used for a long period of time, perform the new battery break in procedure described above.
If you don’t plan on using the battery for a month or more, we recommend storing it in a clean, dry, cool place away from heat and metal objects. NiCad, NiMH and Li-Ion batteries will self-discharge during storage; remember to break them in before use. Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) batteries must be kept at full charge during storage. This is usually achieved by using special trickle chargers. If you do not have a trickle charger, do not attempt to store SLA batteries for more than three months.
For Notebook Users
To get maximum performance from the battery, fully optimize the notebooks power management features prior to use. Power management is a trade off: better power conservation in exchange for lesser computer performance. The power management system conserves battery power by setting the processor to run at a slower speed, dimming the screen, spinning down the hard drive when it’s not in use and causing the machine to go into sleep mode when inactive. The notebook users guide will provide information relating to specific power management features.
How Are Batteries Rated? (What Are Volts and Amps?)
- There are two ratings on every battery: volts and amp-hours (AH). The AH rating may also be given as milliamp-hours (mAH), which are one-thousandth of an amp-hour (for example, 1AH is 1000mAH). The voltage of the new battery should always match the voltage of your original unless the batteries are different chemistries (NiMH and Li-Ion batteries have different voltage ratings, even if they’re for the same laptop). Some Hi-Capacity batteries will have higher amp-hour ratings than the original battery found in the device. This is indicative of a longer run-time (higher capacity) and will not cause any incompatibilities.
- New Rating Watt-Hour (Wh):Watt-Hour, or Wh, is a more accurate unit to show the power capacity than Amp-. Hour (Ah) that was used before. The Watt-Hour unit means the wattage that the battery can provide within one hour. 90 Watt-hour (Wh) capacity means the battery can theoretically last 90 hours if the device it powered only needs 1 Watt power, or 1 hour if the device need 90W power. A typical 6-cell internal notebook battery capacity is about 49 Watt-hour. A typical 12-cell internal notebook battery capacity is about 98 Watt-hour.There are many different ways to rate a battery capacity on market. A lithium-ion battery cell capacity is usually measured in Ampere-hour (Ah). Since a battery pack battery uses many battery cells, some cells are connected in parallel, some are connected in serial, using Watt-hour will be more accurate to rate its capacity. If using Ampere-hour to rate its capacity, it should state the Ampere-hour capacity is under which given voltage. For example, 4000 mAh at 11.1V means the battery capacity is 4000 mAh x 11.1V = 44.4 Watt-hour (Wh). 4000 mAh at 14.8V means the battery capacity is 4000mAh x 14.8V = 59.2 Watt-hour (Wh). Although the two batteries have same Ampere-hour, their actual capacity is different.How Long Do Batteries Last (What is the Life Span of the New Battery)?
- The life of a rechargeable battery operating under normal conditions is generally around 500 charge-discharge cycles. This translates into one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user. The amount of charge a battery can hold gradually decreases due to usage and aging.When a battery that originally operated the notebook for two hours is only supplying the user with an hour’s worth of use, it’s time for a new one.Battery Life Expectations :
Battery operating time is affected by:
- Types of power conservation features activated on the computer
- Computer’s type of display and microprocessor
- Number and type of PC Cards and other devices used
- Types of application programs runningShould I Recycle the Old Battery? How?NiCad, NiMH and Li-Ion batteries should be recycled. Be environmentally conscious – do NOT throw these batteries in the trash.
If you don’t know where your local recycling facility is, call the Portable Rechargeable Battery Association at 1-800-822-8837. They will provide you with the address of the recycling center nearest to you. Is it Possible to Upgrade the Device’s Battery to a Newer Chemistry?NiCad, NiMH and Li-Ion are all fundamentally different technologies and cannot be substituted for one another unless the device has been pre-configured from the factory to accept more than one type of rechargeable battery. The difference between them stems from the fact that each technology requires a different charging pattern to be properly recharged. Therefore, the portable device’s charger must be properly configured to handle a given type of rechargeable battery.
- Refer to the owners manual to find out which rechargeable battery types the particular device supports or use our QuickFind search engine to find the device in our database. The database will automatically list all of the battery types supported by the machine.What is a “smart” Battery?Smart batteries have internal circuit boards with smart chips which allow them to communicate with the notebook and monitor battery performance, output voltage and temperature. Smart batteries will generally run 15% longer due to their increased efficiency and also give the computer much more accurate “fuel gauge” capabilities to determine how much battery running time is left before the next recharge is required.
- The New Battery Isn’t Charging. What’s the Deal?New batteries are shipped in a discharged condition and must charged before use. We generally recommend an overnight charge (approximately twelve hours). Refer to the user’s manual for charging instructions. Rechargeable batteries should be cycled (fully charged and then fully discharged) two to four times initially to allow them to reach their full capacity. (Note: it is normal for a battery to become warm to the touch during charging and discharging).New batteries are hard for the device to charge; they have never been fully charged and are therefore “unformed”. Sometimes the device’s charger will stop charging a new battery before it is fully charged. If this happens, remove the battery from the device and then reinsert it. The charge cycle should begin again. This may happen several times during the first battery charge. Don’t worry; it’s perfectly normal.And now the disclaimer: Any statements and data in this file are for general information purposes. They represent the latest technical status at the time of publishing. BiX reserves the right to change the data in this file without prior notice. The technical information is given in a descriptive way and does not guarantee any properties or enlarge any warranties given.
- Warranty Info: Battery warranty covers manufacturing and quality defects! Please note that the amount of charge a battery can hold gradually decreases due to usage and aging. How long your battery’s lifetime can last is depending on how you use it and how well you keep it and which is not a warranty issue.
Laptop Battery Care Related Articles:
How To Make Dell Laptop Battery For An Optimal Runtime
How to get the most out of your Lenovo ThinkPad Battery
Helpful laptop battery troubleshooting tips
Properly Laptop Battery Care Guide
How to Find Laptop Battery, Camera Battery Coupons
How to Use and Maintenance of Your Laptop Battery
Battery Breakthrough Promises Lighter Weight, More Power
R Battery concept resurrects old batteries
Top 10 Batteries Usage Tips, Hacks and Tricks
Dell latitude d620 battery buying tips
6 Tips for buying a new laptop battery
Replacement Laptop Battery Value
How To Maximize Laptop Battery Life Of Your Windows Laptop
How to Boost Your Toshiba Laptop Battery
Laptop battery and ac adapter issues troubleshooting guide
How to Maximize Dell Laptop Battery Life
How to select the right laptop battery and laptop ac adapter
Winston Chung says he believes the region can become a hub for production of electric and battery technology. He recently acquired the Balboa Bay Club and Resort in Newport Beach.
- Chinese entrepreneur Winston Chung talks about his latest Southland ventures… (Bob Chamberlin, Los Angeles Times)
October 15, 2011|By E. Scott Reckard, Los Angeles Times
A Chinese entrepreneur who recently acquired the Balboa Bay Club and Resort in Newport Beach said his next venture will be to build a factory in the region to mass-produce batteries that can power a bus for 1,000 miles on one charge.
Winston Chung said he is developing the new lithium-sulfur Acer Aspire 6930 battery plant as part of a broader plan to export products to China.
He has invested in Balqon Corp. in Harbor City, which builds drive systems for electric-powered buses; and is majority owner of MVP RV Inc. in Riverside, which builds trailers and recreational vehicles.
He believes the region can become a hub for production of electric and battery technology.
“In the future you will see … the market for pure electric vehicles and yachts will emerge from Southern California,” Chung told reporters Friday.
He was in town to accept an award from the United Nations Assn. of New York, a nonprofit support group for the U.N., which made him the inaugural recipient of an annual award honoring entrepreneurs who benefit society.
The Hong Kong resident also said he plans to build a Chinese duplicate of the Balboa Bay Club, a sprawling waterfront facility with a 160-room hotel.
Dell inspiron 1520 battery
only AU $61.29
Chung’s Seven-One Capital-Business Inc. agreed in August to buy International Bay Clubs Inc., owner of the Balboa Bay Club and the Newport Beach Country Club, for an undisclosed amount.
The 53-year-old Hong Kong resident said he loves Newport Beach and hopes that “little by little I’ll become a resident of the city.” But he wouldn’t discuss rumors that he already has bought a home in the city. “That’s private,” he said.
A HP 484170-001 laptop battery scientist and inventor, Chung made his fortune in the southern China cities of Shenzhen and Zhuhai, where the communist People’s Republic of China created special economic zones in the 1980s to allow capitalist-style businesses to grow.
He donated $10 million to the engineering school at UC Riverside early this year.
HP Laptop Battery Knowledge Base
New Laptop Batteries Made Of Jelly Could Provide Cheap, Safe Power
Simple Way to Boost Laptop Battery and Smartphone Battery Storage
Dell rolled out its new lineup of business-focused Windows 8 computers Wednesday, announcing that it would add two portable Latitude devices and a desktop OptiPlex to its offerings once the new Microsoft operating system is released.
While the announcement provided few technical details, Dell did say that the OptiPlex 9010 is a 23-inch all-in-one desktop, and highlighted its incorporation of touchscreen technology and flexible form factor as its chief selling points. The announcement comes less than 10 days after rival HP announced a set of four new all-in-ones designed for use with Windows 8.
Dell’s new enterprise tablet is a 10-inch Latitude designed, the company said, with security and compatibility in mind. The Latitude 10 features a smartcard reader, fingerprint sensor and floor-to-ceiling encryption, along with cross compatibility with existing management consoles and productivity apps.
Finally, the Latitude 6430u ultrabook is a dedicated road warrior’s machine, packing enough battery power for “all-day productivity,” according to Dell, into a package 16% lighter and 33% thinner than the current-generation 14-inch Latitude notebook. The company also claims that the device is designed to meet the U.S. military’s MIL-STD-810G durability standards, which would make it tougher than the average ultra-portable. (It should be noted that Dell has not claimed that the Latitude 6430u has actually been tested to this standard, however.)
All three devices will be made available when Windows 8 is officially launched, said Dell, adding that information on pricing and regional sales would be released “when available.” Microsoft recently confirmed that Windows 8 would see a general release Oct. 25.
Asus always opens its home computer show Computex with a bang and this year it was the Padfone – a 4.3-inch smartphone that docks inside a 10.1-inch tablet dock with dynamic display switching, two batteries, a shared SIM card, a single hard drive, Qualcomm processor, Android‘s next generation operating system (Ice Cream Sandwich) and a Q4, 2011 launch date with a price in the US$800-1,000 area.
While specifics are thin on the ground at the moment, the ASUS smartphone will run on the latest version of Android available at launch and have all the functionality we’ve come to expect from such a device – browsing the internet, checking emails, watching online videos and playing addictive games like Angry Birds. If you find yourself wanting to watch movies or enjoy games on a bigger screen, the smartphone can be docked within the body of the tablet. There’s no need to switch off one to use the other, whatever you were up to at docking time will be continued on the bigger screen and if you receive a call while using the tablet, you could either whip out the phone or connect using a Bluetooth headset.
Asus a32-f9 battery Brand New 4400mAh Only AU $65.41
Asus a32-f5 battery Brand New 4400mAh Only AU $67.21
HP 484170-001 laptop computer battery
Brand New 4400mAh, li-ion
only AU $60.85
ASUS says that there will be some sort of shared storage pool in the smartphone part of the device so that users won’t have to concern themselves with synchronizing data between the two. This also suggests that the smartphone will likely provide the processing for the tablet too. The tablet, though, will not be a mere dumb terminal – it will also provide extra connectivity ports and some juice for the smartphone’s battery.
It’s another design masterpiece from ASUS, which consistently demonstrates the ability to think outside the square and the Padfone will enable users to switch between pad and phone for a best-fit user experience – too often I find myself using a smartphone and wanting more screen real estate or a tablet but finding it restrictive in the environment – the Padfone will definitely cure that problem.
It will also be interesting to see if this two-in-one approach encourages Android developers not to charge for separate phone/tablet (“HD”) versions as is very common (and very annoying) on iOS devices.
HP Laptop Batteries Knowledge Base
How to Reset HP 484170-001 Laptop Battery
How to take care of your laptop and laptop battery
Consumer envy continues to be a major selling point when it comes to anything electronics. You know how it goes. No sooner do you buy a latest techie device you thought you couldn’t live without than a better, updated model hits the store shelves. That trend will continue, as there is no shortage of enhancements, features, upgrades, and longer life in the burgeoning consumer electronics area.
This fact is particularly true when it comes to laptops. Everywhere you turn, new laptops, notebooks and netbooks are debuting that are lighter, brighter, and have a slew of new options. Of course, a longer battery life is a selling point as well.
But since most of us cannot buy an upgrade every time one is introduced, we typically need to make do with what we have—for a while, anyway. If you have a laptop that doesn’t have the Acer Aspire 3690 battery life you crave, it doesn’t mean you have to get a new laptop. Rather, consider these basic pointers on improving battery life.
- Lower the brightness. Most people keep their screen at a bright setting for optimal viewing, but the truth is that it is one of the biggest power drains on your laptop battery. The brighter the screen, the shorter the time between charges. With that in mind, simply dimming it to a still-acceptable level will add quality time before you need to power up again.
- Turn off any features you aren’t currently using. A good case in point is the internet. If you don’t need to surf the internet, then a battery-saver would be to make sure you aren’t needlessly creating drain. The same holds true with any programs you have running in the background. It’s easy enough to turn on the programs when you need them and then close them when you don’t. It’s just a matter of creating that consumer discipline so you remember to do that.
- Set your battery setting to “power saver.” This lowers your CPU’s clock speed. While that may not always be what you want, because it means your laptop will be slower, if you alter it to a satisfactory level you may not notice the difference while saving on HP 484784-001 notebook battery life.
Also consider keeping a backup laptop battery on hand so that when your current battery no longer does the job you require then make it your emergency backup and get yourself a high performing, new battery to keep you powered up.
At batteries-company.com and aussiebattery, we stock high quality, fully compatible laptop batteries at a great price, fast shipping, and with customer satisfaction guaranteed!
HP Laptop Battery Knowledge Base
Tips for keeping your laptop working better
How to take care of your laptop and laptop battery
Released just last week in Developers Preview mode, Windows 8 already contains more than 300 new features. At its Build developers conference, Microsoft pointed to plans to keep adding more new capabilities until Windows 8 evolves into a shipping product. Which of the existing features are most important to get to know about right now?
While no list like this can even approach ‘all inclusiveness’, our list of ten key features in Windows 8 ranges across new jargon such as “charms” and “snap muti-tasking,” to first-time operatibility on ARM-based tablets, to major improvements around support for USB 3.0, touch keyboards, file copying, and more. Here, in no particular order of importance, is the list of ten:
1. Support for both x86 PCs and ARM tablets
Windows 8 is the first edition of Windows to operate on both ARM-based tablets and traditional x86 PCs based on ARM processors from Intel and AMD.
“Support for ARM-based chipsets, touch, and sensors makes Windows 8 work beautifully on your choice of a full spectrum of devices, such as 10-inch slates with all-day battery life, ultra-lightweight laptops, and powerful all-in-ones with 27-inch high-definition screens,” Microsoft contends, in a Windows 8 Guide distributed with Windows Developer Preview
In addition, the ARM edition of Windows 8 includes a new mode dubbed “always on, always connected,” designed to let tablets act like smartphones. Tablets can remain in standby mode without disconnecting from the Internet, and then wake up instantly.
Windows 8 is designed to work seamlessly across both PCs and ARM tablets. Yet until developers get a real start on apps for Microsoft’s still empty Windows Store, it’s tough to tell whether that will be universally true.
2. Touch-centric, Tiles-based User Interface (UI)
Although Windows 8 might look and feel like an entirely new “user experiemce,”, Microsoft is actually layering a new animation-enabled user interface (UI) on top of an only somewhat upgraded Windows 7.
The Windows 8 Start Menu is customizable through a mosaic of tiles, which differ from traditional desktop icons by letting you view live information from Windows 8 Metro style apps without actually accessing the apps.
In demoing the tile-based UI at last week’s Build conference , Microsoft showed how the tile for a Windows 8 weather app is able to display the current temperature in a city – along with projected temperatures for the next two days – without requiring you to open up the app. A tile for Windows Live Mail will show you your latest message, while a tile for a social networking app will show you notifications.
“The [Metro] apps are full-screen. They’re beautiful.They’re designed for touch, but of course, they work great with a mouse and keyboard as well if that’s what you have. We wanted to make it really fast and fluid for you to switch between them,” according to Jensen Harris, lead program manager on the Microsoft Office User Experience..
Windows 8 users are also able to access Windows 7 apps. “Everything that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8,” maintained Steven Sinofsky, president of Microsoft’s Windows and indows Live division, during a keynote at the Build conference. However, in order to access Windows 7 apps, you need to switch to a different built-in UI.
In large part, ‘charms’ is a new implementation of the traditional Windows start bar. Charms can also be used to quickly configure settings for individual apps. On an ordinary non-touch PC, charms are accessed by dragging the mouse to the bottom-left corner of the screen, to the same spot as the old Windows start button. On a tablet, you swipe from the right side of the screen to bring up charms.
Microsoft recently applied for a trademark on charms. The charms sidebar offers five sets of options, supporting both app-specific settings and system settings such as volume and brightness. The options include Start, Search, Share, Devices, and Settings. The Start option returns the user to the home screen. The Devices option presents a list of connected devices. Under the Share option, users can see social network sharing apps.
Dell vostro 1500 laptop batteries – brand new 4400mAh Only AU $61.29 | Australia Post Fast Delivery
Dell latitude d620 laptop batteries – brand new 5200mAh Only AU $66.91
HP 484170-001 laptop batteries – brand new 4400mAh, li-ion only AU $60.85
4. Snap Multi-tasking
‘Snap multitasking” is designed to make it easy to run two apps in Windows 8 side-by-side, to resize them, and to switch between them. On the right-hand side of the screen, you can snap an app into place.
You can make an app smaller or larger by dragging the bar for the app. To switch between apps in Windows 8, you swipe from the left-hand part of the screen.
However, Windows 8 does not allow you to view all of your running apps on a single screen.
5. Windows 8 Control Panel
Beyond revamping the Windows task manager, Microsoft has also redesigned the control panel for Windows 8. New options include Personalize, Users, Wireless, Notifications, General, Privacy, Search, and Share.
As Metro style apps become available, you’ll be able to use the Personalize menu to customize the Start menu with tiles for calendar, music, e-mail, Netflix, and much more.
In a demo at Build, Julie Larson-Green, Microsoft’s corporate VP of program management for Windows, showed how you’ll be able to position these Metro apps on the screen, and also to combine them into groups such as friends and games.
6. Web Navigation by Touch
The Internet Explorer (IE) 10 browser built into Windows 8 is designed to offer faster browsing through greater hardware acceleration, along with rapid gesture-based zoom, pan, and Web site navigation.
As in other areas of Windows 8, you can quickly access Windows 8 charms, as well as the two keyboards described below.
7. Two Touch Keyboards
Windows 8 also contains two soft keyboards: an “enhanced” traditional keyboard, plus a new thumbs keyboard for non-touch typists.
In efforts by Microsoft to make typing on a virtual keyboard faster and more accurate, the revised edition of the conventional keyboard suggests words on the screen as you type. You can then tap to selected a suggested word. Microsoft also provides a spellcheck-like feature designed to automatically correct mistyped words – although like any other spellchecker, this feature carries the potential to cause its own errors.
The keyboards are also aimed at automatically adjusting to whaever human language you choose for Windows. These language settings will automatically apply to the entire computer, instead of only to specific apps
8. ‘Enhanced Copy Experience’
Windows 8 also introduces the ability to perform all current copy operations into a single dialog box, instead of requiring you to perform file copying in separate dialog boxes for each app.
The new dialog box for file copying lets you pause, resume, and stop each sopy operation currently under way. It will also warn you if you’re beginning to copy one version of a file on top of another.
Microsoft has also added a realtime throughput graph. “Now each copy job shows the speed of data transfer, the transfer rate trend, and how much data is left to transfer. While this is not designed for benchmarking, in many cases it can provide a quick and easy way to assess what is going on for a particular [copy] job,” noted Alex Simons, director of program management with the Windows 8 management team.
9. Native USB 3.0 Support
New USB 3.0 ports operate at speeds up to ten times faster than )SB 2.0. To better support these speeds, Microsoft is outfitting Windows 8 with native USB 3.0 drivers.
Meanwhile, though, USB 3.0 will purportedly continue to work under Windows 7, through the use of third-party drivers.
“By 2015, all new PCs are expected to offer USB 3.0 ports, and over 2 billion new ‘SuperSpeed’ USB devices will be sold in that year alone,” said Dennis Flanagan, director of program management for the Windows 8 Devices and Networking Group, in a blog post. “There are also billions of older USB devices that Windows must remain compatible with.”
10. Better Support for Multiple Monitors
Windows 8 also brings increased support for multiple monitors, The Developers Preview of the new OS includes first-time capabilities for extending the taskbar across two PCs, without any need for third-party apps. You can also stretch wallpaper across two monitors, or display the Start screen on one PC and the desktop on the other, for instance.
It’s also easy to switch between multiple monitors. The primary monitor has a start button, and the secondary monitor has a switcher button. Clicking or tapping on the switcher button will swap it out for the start button, allowing you to turn the secondary monitor into the primary one.
HP Laptop Battery Knowledge Base
Laptop buying ultimate guide 2011
How to take care of your laptop and laptop battery
Scientists at Cambridge have developed a simple, accurate way of “seeing” chemistry in action inside a lithium-ion battery.
By helping them understand how these batteries behave under different conditions the new method — which involves Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy — could help researchers solve the fire safety problems that have dogged the development of these laptop batteries.
Lithium-ion battery technology has enabled the development of many electronic devices we now take for granted, such as laptop computers and mobile phones.
Lithium HP COMPAQ 395794-001 Battery technology will also be crucial for the development of the next generation of electric cars such as the Nissan Leaf, due to be built in the UK from 2013.
But lithium batteries have one serious disadvantage: over several charge and discharge cycles, particularly if the batteries are charged quickly, minute fibres of lithium, known as dendrites, can form on the carbon anodes. These lithium fibres can cause short circuits, causing the LG LB52113B Battery to rapidly overheat and catch fire.
Writing in the journal Nature Materials, Professor Clare of the University of Cambridge says: “These dead lithium fibres have been a significant impediment to the commercialisation of new generations of higher capacity batteries that use lithium metal as the anode instead of the carbons used today.”
Scientists have use theoretical models and optical and scanning electron microscopes to study dendrite formation, but finding a way of quantifying the amount of dendrites formed has proved elusive until now.
The paper describes using a new method based on NMR spectroscopy to see chemistry in action within a tiny, 1cm long, Acer Aspire 5920 Battery enclosed in the same kind of aluminium bags used to keep coffee fresh.
According to Professor Grey: “Fire safety is a major problem that must be solved before we can get to the next generation of lithium-ion HP COMPAQ 8510P Battery and before we can safely use these batteries in a wider range of transportation applications. Now that we can monitor dendrite formation inside intact batteries, we can identify when they are formed and under what conditions.
Our new method should allow researchers to identify which conditions lead to dendrite formation and to rapidly screen potential fixes to prevent the problem.”
Tagcloud: Lithium Laptop Battery Safety Flaws, laptop batteries, HP COMPAQ Business Notebook 6720S Battery, IBM T60 Battery, Satellite A300 Battery, ASUS AL23-901 Laptop Battery, Satellite A200 Battery
20 Ways To Extend Your Laptop Battery Life
How to select the right laptop battery and laptop ac adapter
How to Make a power tools battery start charging again
For those of you who grew up during the Nintendo Game Boy days, you would certainly have gone through the painful process of purchasing new AA batteries time and again – and this was back in the day when Sanyo have yet to discover the magic and wonder of eneloop batteries. Even rechargeables were rather expensive back then, but fast forward to today and you have rechargeable batteries that are not only cheap but of good quality as well. The R Acer as07b41 battery concept that you see here sports a trio of slots that can hold AA as well as AAA batteries that have been consigned to the recycling heap – after all, near dead Acer as07b31 battery still hold one last charge in them, and the R Battery intends to use the remaining juice as one large cell.
No idea on what you’re going to plug this into, but at least it helps you squeeze out every last iota of power from your Acer aspire 5520 battery, which is better than nothing at all. Now, if only a hardware manufacturer is willing to take up the cause and release it with a pocket-friendly price. Certainly this might be used to power your remote control or whatever devices around your home that need just a little bit of energy to run – high-powered devices like flashlights are certainly out of the picture, of course.
Tagcloud: R- Battery, Battery News, laptop batteries, Acer extensa 5220 battery, HP Pavilion dv6-1012tx Battery, Discount Laptop Battery, Acer um08a73 battery, Acer aspire 5920 battery, Acer laptop battery
Scientists Home in on Lithium Laptop Battery Safety Flaws
Thanks to The New Structure, batteries charge quickly and retain capacity
Battery Breakthrough Promises Lighter Weight, More Power
Top 10 Blogs to Simplify Your Life
Top 10 Blogs For Learning Something New
We’ve talked a lot about how to extend your Hp pavilion dv8000 battery life, but before you to do so, you should also know some using basics of laptop battery. Take care of your laptop battery and ensure that it will be ready to work properly when you need it most. Some general tips for laptop care include: avoid extreme temperatures, don’t leave a laptop outside in cold weather or leave it in a hot car. Cold Hp pavilion dv8000 battery can’t create very much power and hot batteries will discharge very quickly. Use electrical power when available to keep Hp pavilion dv8000 battery charged. Don’t let your laptop go for long periods of time without using the Hp pavilion dv8000 battery
Here are some basic using method:
1. Smaller Is Better
Consider an ultraportable or thin-and-light rather than a desktop replacement laptop. Smaller Hp pavilion dv8000 battery displays use less power. Going with a hard drive that runs at 4200rpm uses less power than a hard drive running at 5400rpm.
2. Power Control
Use as little power as possible by adjusting laptop settings. Use the Power Options to set to the laptop to go inactive after a set amount of time. Set adjustments so that the display goes off first, then hard the hard drive stay active a bit longer and store the system contents to the RAM.
3. Turn Down the Lights
Adjust the display brightness to a lower setting, make sure you can view the screen without squinting. You can also adjust the brightness of the display to suit the conditions you are working in.
4. Watch Your Hp pavilion dv8000 battery Use
Keep an eye on your Hp pavilion dv8000 battery consumption and know how much power you have remaining. Use the LAPTOP BATTERY power icon on the system tray or you can purchase batteries which have LED gauges on the outside of the battery itself.
5. Charging It Up
Whenever you have access to a power source, charge the Hp pavilion dv8000 battery. Before you leave on any trips, fully charge the laptop batteries, especially if you don’t know where or when you might have access to any electrical outlets.
www.batteries-company.com is the Australia’s quality distributor & wholesaler ofToshiba laptop batteries, Dell laptop batteries, HP laptop batteries, Olympus camera batteries, Canon camcorder batteries, Makita power tools batteries, Dewalt power tools batteries, Canon battery chargers. All our batteries, laptop adapters areAustralia Stock, Manufacturer Warranty, 100% secure shopping Guarantee and 100% brand new with 1 year warranty!
Our Advantages: High Quality + Low Price + Fast Delivery
6. Get Another Battery
Some laptops are capable of running with two batteries. If you cannot run two batteries, check with the manufacturer to see if there are high capacity batteries available. External batteries can also be used to extend operating time.
7. Drain the Battery
The first time you use your laptop with battery power, allow the DELL laptop battery to completely discharge. Do this at least twice and don’t try to charge the laptop battery when it is half discharged.
8. Clean Batteries
Keep the battery and its connections clean and free of debris. Clean your Hp pavilion dv8000 battery terminals on a regular basis using a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol on the tip.
9. CMOS Battery Check-Up
The backup battery is a CMOS battery which is a secondary laptop battery (such as DELL D600 Battery) to power the clock and can drain a main Hp pavilion dv8000 battery if it is dead. Check with your User Manual or manufacturers web site for the location of the CMOS battery and where to get a replacement.
10. Turning It Off
Don’t run programs or devices that you aren’t using. Remove PC cards and turn off Wi-Fi software. Using your laptop to watch movies or play games will drain the Hp pavilion dv8000 battery quickly as well.
Just follow this simple steps, yousave much time to extend your Hp pavilion dv8000 battery life and other Laptop Accessories.
We frequently discuss in our blogs about all the “do’s” you should do when it comes to taking care of your laptop battery so that it performs the way you expect and for the expected duration between charges.
Today, however, we want to talk about some basic “don’ts.” Surprisingly (or not), some of the biggest reasons batteries fail is not due to performance or environment—it is actually due to human tampering or neglect.
- Do not modify the battery casing and/or housing in any way.It was designed that way for a reason. Modifications or curiosity could result in a need to purchase a new laptop battery.
- Do not open and expose the cell contents.
- Don’t leave your Acer AS07B41 Laptop Battery out and exposed where animals may find it and chew it. (Yes, this really happens.) It could also cause potential harm to your beloved pet as well.
- Do not let your battery become exposed directly to excessive moisture or rain. If you are caught in a rainstorm, be sure your entire laptop is protected, and hopefully in a case that will keep it safe and dry.
- Do not short-circuit the battery.
- Do not drop or abuse the battery, as this could expose the cell contents, which are corrosive.
- Do not expose your battery to extreme heat and cold. The worst thing possible is to leave your laptop in your car during extreme weather conditions…not even talking about the safety aspect.
- Do not leave your battery in your laptop if you will not be using it for an extended amount of time. Instead, remove it from your computer and store it in a dry, clean and safe place. And, don’t forget where you put it!
HP 484170-001 battery
only AU $60.85
Dell studio 1537 battery
only AU $70.77
Acer as07b72 laptop battery
only AU $65.29
Laptop Batteries Company and aussiebattery.com is offering great prices and terrific service with free shipping on your laptop computer battery need! Check us out for the best prices!
Laptop Battery Care Related Articles
Laptops move towards all-day battery life
How to revive a dying laptop battery
10 Best Rated Laptops Reviews
Best Laptop Battery Life of 7+ Hrs Laptops
Helpful laptop battery troubleshooting tips
Improve your BlackBerry battery life instructions
Lithium Ion Batteries Baby Steps: 3-Year Warranty Laptop Battery
How to Use and Maintenance of Your Laptop Batteries
Laptop battery and laptop power adapter issues troubleshooting tips
Improve laptop battery life and performance ultimate instructions
Windows 8 on Kal El to sport laptop battery life in days