How can I maximize the performance of my IBM Laptop Battery?
There are several steps you can take to help you get maximum performance from your Laptop Battery:
Prevent the Memory Effect - Keep the 02K6618 Laptop Battery healthy by fully charging and then fully discharging it at least once every two to three weeks. Exceptions to the rule are Li-ion batteries which do not suffer from the memory effect.
Keep the IBM Laptop Battery Clean - It's a good idea to clean dirty battery
contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. This helps maintain a good connection between the battery and the portable device.
Exercise the Battery Pack
- Do not leave the battery dormant for long periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least once every two to three weeks. If a Laptop Battery has not been used for a long period of time, perform the new battery break in procedure described above.
Battery Storage - If you don't plan on using the Laptop Battery for a month or more, store it in a clean, dry, cool place away from heat and metal objects. Ni-Cd, Ni-MH and Li-ion batteries
will self-discharge during storage; remember to recharge the batteries before use.
What is the run time of IBM 02K6618 Laptop Battery?
IBM Laptop Battery have two main ratings on them: Volts and Amperes. Because size and weight of Laptop Battery is limited when compared to larger batteries such as car batteries, most companies show their ratings with Volts and Mill amperes. One thousand Mill amperes equals 1 Ampere. When buying a battery, select batteries with the most Mill amperes (or Ah). Batteries
are also rated by Watt-Hours, perhaps the simplest rating of all. This is found by multiplying the Volts and the Amperes together. For example:
14.4 Volts, 4000mAh (Note: 4000mAh is equal to 4.0 Amperes).
14.4 x 4.0 = 57.60 Watt-Hours
Watt-Hours signifies the energy needed to power one watt for one hour. This Laptop Battery can power 57.60 watts for one hour. If your laptop, power tools, camcorder, camera, pda, or mobile phone runs at 20.50 watts, as an example, this battery could power your laptop, power tools, camcorder, camera, pda, or mobile phone for 2.8 hours.
Understanding your 02K6618 Laptop Battery Needs
We strive to make you Laptop Battery purchases easy. Since we understand that finding the right batteries, chargers or laptop adapters
for your needs can be overwhelming and confusing at times we developed a Laptop Battery finder tool to help find the right size for the make and model of your equipment. We also offer educational articles and tips to help you conserve your batteries and understand common problems. By us providing education you are able to make the right purchasing decisions as well as provide proper care for all of your electronics.
How to deal with laptop battery does not charge issue
Laptop battery can not charge for several reasons, including the following:
1.Your laptop battery is bad.
2. The laptop power adapter
3.The computer motherboard may be bad.
If you do not konw how to solve the notebook battery
problems, do what the below say.
1. Check the power supply is or is not bad. Disconnect the battery from the laptop and turn on the computer is connected to the mains. If your laptop does not open, try another power supply to see if the first is broken. When the second process is not as good, the problem could be the circuit of the motherboard. Look for a certified computer technician to help solve the problem.
2. If the computer does not turn the power supply is in good condition and not causing the problem. In this case, you should try with a battery, the technical specifications of the laptops to welcome and appropriate. When the second battery works well, we can conclude that is broken first.
3. Determine if the problem is not caused by a software problem in this context. If the status of the laptop battery
is incorrectly displayed when the software can assume that the software caused the problem and not really of the battery.
4. Separate power reset the device with the move to remove the battery. Then the power button for a minute.
Then put the battery and AC adapter
and restart the laptop. This method is to ensure that the motherboard is not more power they have, when the battery was reduced easily cause a hiccup in the system. That might solve the battery.
5. If the battery level indicator in each load reaches 96-98% complete, the laptop should be recalibrated for a new battery. An appropriate recalibration, the laptop should be configured to the Windows power management will be in hibernation or standby to ensure that, when the battery reaches a low level. For users of Windows XP, go to Control Panel Performance and Maintenance Power Options. Power Schemes to Always On Set. In the Notifications, disable Low battery alarm and Critical battery alarm. The hibernation option Sleep, and click Apply. This process can be a notebook battery is completely closed by the system to be drained. After restarting the network adapter
in the slot and is left completely free. Sometimes the cycle is repeated 2-3 times before reaching 100% in fact fully charged. The loading process must be at least 14 hours.